Lower Merion High School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Overview: The Lower Merion School District performed a complete reconstruction of the high school facility located in the historic Main Line suburbs of Philadelphia. GeoStructures provided construction inspection and materials testing services for the project.
Highlights & Related Services:
In order to provide an innovative and scholastically competitive establishment for students to learn, the Lower Merion School District performed a complete reconstruction of the high school facility. GeoStructures was retained to provide construction inspection and testing services, including:
- Earthwork, subgrade, footings, and fill compaction (geotechnical)
- Cast-in-place concrete, structural concrete, unit masonry assemblies, structural steel
- Slab flatness, fireproofing, asphalt pavement, porous asphalt pavement, stormwater and sanitary pipe
Through prompt recommendations, GeoStructures mitigated various critical problems encountered during construction:
- Unstable clay subgrade under the proposed porous asphalt pavement was stabilized by using geotextile and minimum crushed stone
- Unnecessary undercutting was avoided by implementing air drying of wet subgrade soil in the basement
- Measures to accommodate footing installation were provided by investigating spring conditions
- Project cost was reduced by providing feasible measures for allowing unknown existing foundations to be left in place
GeoStructures is now approved as a PennDOT Prequalified Geotechnical Drilling Contractor. ...
GeoStructures is the proud recipient of the Delaware Valley Geo-Institute 2021 Project of the...
GeoStructures is the proud recipient of the American Society of Civil Engineers 2019 Project of...
Connect with us.
Providing state-of-the-art geotechnical engineering services with an unwavering commitment to excellence and innovation.