Federal environmental laws hold current property owners responsible for above-ground pollution or contamination of the soil/groundwater on their land even if it was caused by a previous owner. Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs) can uncover Recognized Environmental Conditions (RECs) through the assessment of historic records, aerial photos, government pollution reports, tank registries, and site reconnaissance of environmental conditions and potential hazards. Adhering to ASTM E1527 guidelines meets the “due diligence” standard, which allows property buyers and developers to comply with legal requirements of the Innocent Landowner Defense, and thus minimizes the risks of environmental liability associated with property transactions.
Phase II ESAs further explore RECs through the sampling and testing of soils, groundwater, and building materials. Through these practices, the presence of contamination can be documented and compared to state and federal standards, thus determining whether further environmental action (such as additional sampling, chemical testing, monitoring, or remediation) is warranted.
GeoStructures provides clients with a one-stop shop for both geotechnical and environmental solutions. A complete list of our environmental services includes:
- Phase I and Phase II ESAs
- Clean and regulated fill
- Characterization and delineation of contaminant plumes
- Aquifer hydrogeologic characterization
- Landfill/lagoon design, inspection, and monitoring
- Pond and lagoon liners
- Contaminant fate and transport modeling and analysis
- UST/AST investigation, impact assessment, and regulatory handling
- Air, mold, asbestos, lead, and PCB surveys
- Asbestos and lead-based paint abatement plan, oversight, and monitoring
- Spill response, plan, oversight, and regulatory compliance
- Construction and demolition oversight
- Environmental soil, groundwater, and surface water sampling and remediation
- Remedial Action Completion Reports
- Environmental drilling
- Geophysical environmental investigations
- LEED certification documentations
- Marcellus shale related services (environmental drilling, baseline sampling, waste characterizations, foundation designs, and BMPs)
- Chemical testing of soil, water, and air
For inquiries related to Environmental Services, please contact Daniel Eshete (email@example.com).
GeoStructures is now approved as a PennDOT Prequalified Geotechnical Drilling Contractor. ...
GeoStructures is the proud recipient of the Delaware Valley Geo-Institute 2021 Project of the...
GeoStructures is the proud recipient of the American Society of Civil Engineers 2019 Project of...
Connect with us.
Providing state-of-the-art geotechnical engineering services with an unwavering commitment to excellence and innovation.