Geotechnical Laboratory Testing
Top-notch geotechnical engineering requires equally capable in-house testing facilities. In support of our geotechnical design and construction monitoring services, GeoStructures maintains an AASHTO- accredited laboratory for soil, rock, and aggregate testing.
Keeping true to our commitment to excellence, we have invested in state-of-the-art, computer- controlled, servo hydraulic triaxial and Constant Rate of Strain (CRS) consolidation testing equipment. With the advent of CRS consolidation, we offer more accurate results than incremental consolidation, as well as reduced turnaround times of only 2 to 3 days— a dramatic reduction from the 2 weeks required for standard testing!
Specialized stress path triaxial testing makes it possible to consolidate soil specimens before shearing at conditions that model in-situ stresses, thereby improving the usefulness of such endeavors. Fully-trained staff engineers perform all of our testing, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Index testing including gradation & hydrometer analysis, Atterberg limits, organic content, bulk density & dry density, and total and effective porosity
- Compaction testing including standard & modified proctor testing
- Consolidation testing including incremental 1-D consolidation, Constant Rate of Strain (CRS), 1-D swell, and Ko consolidation
- Permeability testing including constant/falling head and triaxial permeability
- Rock testing including unconfined strength and point load
- Corrosion-related testing including resistivity, soil pH, and soil sulfates & chlorides concentration
- Strength testing including triaxial compressions (UU, CU, CD, CKoU, & CKoD), direct shear, unconfined compression, California Bearing Ratio (CBR), and triaxial stress path & cyclic loading
- Materials Finer than (No. 200) Sieve by washing
- Sieve Analysis of Fine and Coarse Aggregates
- Specific Gravity & Absorption of Fine Aggregates
- Specific Gravity & Absorption of Coarse Aggregate
- Moisture Content of Aggregate by Oven Drying
- Organic Impurities in Fine Aggregates
- Resistance to Abrasion by Abrasion and Impact in the L. A. Machine
- Soundness of Aggregate by Sodium or Magnesium Sulfate
19th & Arch Streets
Sam Adams PA Brewery
15th & Walnut Streets
Mosteller Parking Structure
Township Line Storage Dam
Flat Rock Dam
Shawnee Resort Dam
Wyeth Worldwide Headquarters
Bryn Mawr Hospital
Agnes Irwin School
The Study Hotel
Pennsylvania Turnpike Southern Beltway
Schuylkill Yards West Tower
Axalta Coating Systems
204 South 12th Street
1620 Sansom Street
Aviron Warehouse Conversion
For inquiries related to Geotechnical Laboratory Testing, please contact Ghaith AlHaik (email@example.com).
GeoStructures is now approved as a PennDOT Prequalified Geotechnical Drilling Contractor. ...
GeoStructures is the proud recipient of the Delaware Valley Geo-Institute 2021 Project of the...
GeoStructures is the proud recipient of the American Society of Civil Engineers 2019 Project of...
Connect with us.
Providing state-of-the-art geotechnical engineering services with an unwavering commitment to excellence and innovation.